Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Fun






We have been having quite a lot of fun this sumer with many days being spent out at the beach. Lake Michigan is a wonderful stop for fun. Nick and Caitlynn started in early May preparing for a summer of beach fun. They stopped for a rest under a beach tent that was for sale at a sporting goods store. They looked so cute reclining on the chairs with their shades on and, of course, baby near Caitlynn's side. Yes, she is in that stage where a baby must go anywhere and everywhere with us. Our first trip to the beach was just the kids and I. The weather was perfect, although the lake was still a little cool (in the 30's). You would have thought the water was perfect for Nick though. The child played and spashed with other kids until I had to pull him out because he was shivering. He played in the lake about 45 minutes. I thought he was going to freeze - I know I wanted to.
Caitlynn wisely realized that the water was to cold for her as yet and contented herself with playing in the sand - quite happily I might add. By the end of the day she had buried herself more than once up to the waist and myself countless times. She doesn't remember going to the beach last summer I am sure - we only made it once. It is so nice to live just 5 miles from the beach instead of 90 minutes. A state park pass allows us unlimited access to the beach during the day. We have been making the most of it on the good days. I tried to get in a little early tanning and Caitlynn thought it would be fun to copy mommy and join in. She laid down on the towels next to me and tried to copy my posture. The opportunity was too good to miss and I had to grab the camera and snap a shot. We look forward to more time at the beach. Come and visit and you too shall become a "beach bum"! Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment