Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The things we do for our children...

Ok. Get ready to laugh. We went to the county fair and they had a children's presentation called Pirate Island. It was billed as interactive and since it was free and looked very cute, we decided to make it a point to see it. I didn't know interactive would mean that I would get turned into a mermaid! Yes, we were selected from volunteers. I thought we would go up on stage, see or be part of a magic trick, and then sit back down. Instead we were led to a tent where the lead pirate's wench put us into various costumes.
Yes, this is me - complete with mermaid costume, a ring of flowers, and some weird headband with little alien fuzzy things out the top! I had to do the mermaid cha-cha (which was a lot like the hula) and take part in a story of mystery, intrigue, betrayal, and magic. My only consolation was that it was fun and that my baby looked ADORABLE as a mermaid. My laughing husband, however, was no help at all! Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment