Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Caitlynn turns 2!

Yesterday my baby turned two years old. Sob! I can't believe she is growing up so fast! We celebrated in fine style - we went to dinner and then to the circus! She had such a good time. We all did actually. My mother wanted to take her as part of her birthday gift. We had already had a party on the 9th at Italian Festival but we felt it was important to celebrate her birthday. Here she is in one of the princess dresses she got. My mother-in-law created a special dress-up box for her that she just went wild over! She is all girl and loves to dress up so we filled it with pretty princess dresses and other dress up items such as jewelry and a make-up bag (fake of course). She is so into Barney so I called three stores until I found one that made Barney cakes. She went crazy over it! We tried to keep it cold but in 99 degree weather it melted just a bit! It was such a fun party for her. The festival has little carnival games and races so all I had to do was bring the cake and the presents and balloons! Easy as pie.
Just like we did on her first birthday we went to eat at Applebees! They all came and sang to her and gave her a chocolate dessert shooter. She smiled and just looked all around at everyone like she was the happiest girl in the world. When they placed the shooter in front of her and she saw all that chocolate she grabbed the spoon and said "Oh, my birthday cake!" and dug right in. She was covered. At the circus she and I rode an elephant and my kids pigged out on popcorn, peanuts, and snowcones. They got light sabers and inflatable toys courtesy of my mom and had a wonderful time. The clowns seemed to be the hit of the show although I think Caitlynn liked the tigers quite a lot! By the time we left it was rainy and late but we were so happy and tired. She got calls from almost everyone in the world and wouldn't talk to a single soul but her great-grandmother in Illinois. She is really turning into a beautiful and sweet little girl and I am both proud and sad to watch her grow. I hope she doesn't grow to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment