Monday, March 30, 2009

Easter 2009


Easter is drawing near, just short of two weeks away. As with any holiday, Mike and strive to make a memorable day for our children and for our family. This Easter, we sought out some special outfits for our children and took them for a special Easter sitting at the local portrait studio. My sweet children took such beautiful pictures. Isn't it wonderful that we are blessed with the technology to capture these moments for remembrance far down the road? Watching my children pose, smile, and enjoy their brief moment of "fame" brought tears to my eyes and laughter to my lips. I even confess that the sin of pride in my youngsters reared its head a bit. But look at my babies. Easter is a special time of year for them. They look forward to the bunny, the eggs, the candy, and the fun. But as I was reminded by my little boy "Easter is when Jesus did magic". He is, of course, referring to the fact that our Savior raised from the dead and saved us from eternal death. Let us remember that although the world tells us that Easter is about baskets, outfits, candy, and giant rodents the true meaning of Easter means so much more!

1 comment:

  1. My grandchildren are very special. I just love them soooooo....Much!!!!!!! I enjoy spending time with them and look forward to every time I get to see them. I love you all....Grandma Pam

    ReplyDelete