Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A memory...


My husband and I were talking about the past last night. We were going over old times and remembering our dating years. We laughed over some of the times we had and silently pondered others. I remember meeting Mike long after he says he noticed me. He claims to have first seen me a few months prior singing in the Homecoming Concert at ONU. I first met my husband to be after my first Christmas break in College. The year was 2000 and I was going to a rehersal for Shakespeare in Love with Chocolate. I was to do a scene from Hamlet as the fair Ophelia and a guy I then knew only in name was to play Hamlet. I was not to impressed at first, having just come through a very hurtful breakup. But he called a few days later to ask me out. Still not wanting to get my heart broken again into tiny pieces I tried to scare him off but he wasn't easily detered. We began to date and soon I realized that I was with a very different class of guy. He was gentle and loving and stood by me through hard times. He was also fun, spontaneous, and exciting. He proposed to me August 18, 2000 and I said yes. I joke with him that it was partly because he had me stuck on the top of a ferris wheel and I am terrified of heights. We were married in front of family, God, and friends July 27, 2002 and after some tough times, fun times, heartbreaking times, and times where we wanted to just chuck it all in and cut our losses we feel closer and stronger than ever. Praise God for the love of this man of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment